Whats for dinner? Tonight it’s pork chops with sauteed mushrooms and Coconut rice. Super easy and tasty for a hungry family.
Here’s what you need:
- Pork Chops (one per guest)
- Garlic Salt
- Cooking Oil (Canola or Olive Oil)
- Mushrooms (sliced – 3 per guest +1 whole per guest)
- Onion – sliced thin
- Garlic (4 cloves chopped per guest)
- Rice (20 minute kind) – 1 cup
- Coconut Milk – 1 can
Here’s how you make it:
- Make the rice first by adding the rice, coconut milk, 1 tbsp sugar and 1.5 cups of water to a pan with a tight fitting lid. Cook at a simmer for 20 minutes. Do not lift the lid until it’s done.
- Heat a large pan on medium – high heat
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and 1/2 tsp garlic salt. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from pan
- Season the chops with the garlic salt, pepper and oregano on both sides
- Add the pork chops to the hot oil and cook on one side for about 8 minutes (until browned). Flip chops once and cook for another 8 minutes (until browned and the chops reach and internal cooking temperature of 145 degrees)
You’re ready to serve. I like to add a nice side salad, what do you like to add?