Tonight’s simple dinner is Matzo Ball Soup. It’s delicious, kids typically enjoy it, and it’s great on a chilly evening. You may need to ask around to find the Matzo meal at the store but most have it in a box or in a can. I prefer the can, as the box typically only has two “single serving” bags inside.
Here’s what you need (single serving for two):
- Matzo Meal
- Eggs (2)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Chicken Bullion (.75 tsp per cup of water)
- Carrots (2) – Cut into 1 inch sticks
- Chicken breast (1) per two servings
- Using a stock pot with fitting lid to boil one gallon of water.
- Mix in the chicken bullion to taste.
- Add the chicken breast whole and cook for about 20 minutes (raw)- 30 minutes (frozen)
- Mix Matzo according to the directions on the package, (typically 1/2 cup Matzo, 2 eggs and 2 tbsp oil) – put in refrigerator
- Add carrots to the pot after about 10 minutes
- remove chicken from pot and shred, put back into the pot
- Roll matzo into 1.5 inch balls and put into the pot
- Cover, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes
I recommend doubling this recipe to feed 3 people.